Wrong Date and Time interpretation when using Dynamics NAV Web Services
The client Regional settings affect date and time interpretations within Dynamics NAV. The Region is easily set when using the Classic or Role Tailored Client (RTC). When using a Web Service its also easy, if you know how (like most things in life).
I have an application that takes Point-of-sale (POS) transactions from Advance Retail and passes them into Dynamics NAV. A problem arose where transactions for early one morning (say 6:00am 21st Jan 2011) where appearing in NAV with a Posting Date of the day before (20th Jan 2011). The problem was the client date time was based upon GMT +10 but the Web Service was working in UTC time.
The default Time Zone is UTC. -not very helpful when I live in Sydney Australia.
Settings within the client application making the Web Service call have no effect on the web service.
Within the CustomSettings.config file you'll find
In my case I want to use Australian Eastern Standard time.
Restart the web service and the Date and Time is now correctly interpreted.
Oh, and if you need the middle-tier (NST) to operate in different Time Zones, just run up another Web service. (see another post on how to do this)
- Downsizing Dangers - 28th October 2013
- Dynamics NAV NAS/Job Queue - Excel SaveAs method failed - 18th October 2013
- New in XLCubed 7.5 - 16th October 2013
- How to suspend and resume SQL database mirroring - 15th October 2013
- XLCubed: Excel Dashboards - 11th October 2013
- Analytical Applications of Business Intelligence Reporting - 10th October 2013
- What is Microcharts? How can it clarify data? - 10th October 2013
- Can’t print from XLCubed Web Edition - 2nd October 2013
- A call to SSPI failed in NAV 2009 R2 - 31st May 2011
- Can’t send BizTalk documents from NAV2009 Role Tailored Client - 23rd May 2011
- Unique External Document No. on Sales Order - 23rd May 2011
- CRM 2011 – NAV 2009 R2 Synchronisation – tips and tricks - 10th May 2011
- Manually Create NAV Service Instances - 3rd May 2011
- SQL Maintenance plan won't run, modify or delete - 24th November 2010
- Miscellaneous NAV RTC Development Tips - 21st November 2010
- NAV RTC Development training tools - 18th November 2010
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Application Objects - 15th November 2010
- Delete a rogue Conur Expense Report - 12th November 2010
- CRM - 9th November 2010
- application objects
- Business Intelligence
- cached password
- Commerce Gateway
- CRM 2011
- CRM 2013
- Crystal Reports
- Data Type
- date and time
- Dynamics NAV
- Excel Buffer
- External Document No.
- Generate xsd from SQL table
- Job Queue
- Microsoft Excel
- NAV 2009
- NAV 2009 R2
- NAV Application Server
- NAV Development
- NAV Upgrade
- new version
- no delimiter
- service broker
- User Setup
- Web Service